Chambers Farm Wood Education Centre
Fridays 9.45am-12.00pm & 12.45pm-3.00pm
£6 per week per family
The rhythm of the session varies from am to pm but all sessions include the following activities:
- Arrive – take off coats and boots. You’re welcome to bring slippers.
- Play – children have a period of free play; parents may participate in an adults’ craft activity at the table.
- Tidy up together
- Circle time – songs and rhymes, followed by washing hands.
- Shared meal – we light a candle and sing a blessing song. We share a nourishing snack of fruit, bread and occasionally home-made cake.
- Clear up – together we clear the table and sweep the floor, then put on coats and boots.
- Outdoor play in the butterfly garden, and walk in the woodland.
- Story time and goodbye song.
Parents are responsible for their children at all times, and there are some things you should be aware of:
- There are two (quite shallow) ponds in the butterfly garden.
- Children should be kept out of the kitchen
- Please leave the doors shut, but also note that the main door can be pushed open, and that the rear fire door cannot be properly shut from the outside.
- Remember to sign in and tell the leader if you leave early; please fill in a registration form before you start attending, and make sure the leader and assistant are aware of any allergies, etc.
- In the event of a fire, please leave the building directly and gather in the butterfly garden.
- A first aid kit can be found in the corner of the kitchen next to the sink.
- Be aware that other people use the woodland, butterfly garden and car park.
- In the woods, be aware of poisonous plants and fungi, and teach children to “look but don’t touch.”
- Watch out for dog poo in the woods and car park!
- Bring outdoor, weather-appropriate clothes for your child and yourself, including sun-cream if appropriate.
- Please do not bring your child to the group if either of you are unwell